Tuesday 21 June 2011

Why Africa?

Almost there...

A few more days and then off it goes to Pentacor for decent content layout and compatible formatting; so roundabout the three week mark before I can upload to Amazon. Easy when you have a publisher to do it all for you, but going it alone, as some of you will know, is a little more difficult. Nevertheless, the journey has proved most satisfying. No one to blame but myself if things go wrong; conversely, no one to thank, other than my wife, my editor and yourselves – my supportive, tireless readers of this storyteller’s blog.

What made me choose Africa as the book’s premise? Because I have never favoured the ‘easy’. Writing about Africa has been mastered only by the boldest of the bold: the legendary Rider Haggard, Stuart Cloete, James Rand and their protégé, but it’s the only land I know, the only place for me where passion flows as deeply as her rivers...

*

No comments:

Post a Comment