Sunday 23 June 2013

Letting Go Ain’t Easy!

At last! Empress Gold is finished – done and dusted, uploaded and already I miss her. She’s on her own, out there on the internet jostling for recognition and there’s no way back. I pretend it doesn’t bother me, but it does. Just a book I tell myself; one amongst Amazon’s millions, fighting, hopefully upwards, through the Kindle rankings. I guess that’s why writers don’t stop writing... We can’t let go.

I’ve started book number three and feel better already – going back in time to the eighteen hundreds, a pre Sons of Africa standalone (perhaps); some thirty pages in and enjoying the excitement. Delving into untold happenings and hardships has really got my heart pounding. The title is set, but as yet, I cannot tell you what it is. A tale of epic proportions, one which I hope will sit comfortably amongst the colonial skulduggeries of Africa’s great adventure stories. Got to stop, old Africa’s crooking her finger and demands that I follow. Hope you all stay with me.

 *

3 comments:

  1. Grahame down under18 July 2013 at 09:22

    looking forward to the nexty mate...g

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeffrey,
    Just finished Empress Gold, enthralled from the first page and can't wait for the next book.
    Put that beer down and get back to you laptop. Haha
    All the best

    G

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Greg. More like coffee; there's an ice wind howling outside my window! One third of the way through next book - something really special...
    regards,
    J

    ReplyDelete