Friday 19 August 2011

Zooming In On Past Places!


Had a play on Google Earth last night and after wrestling with an upgrade, managed to get the big, blue earth to move for me. Reckon I confused its software brain by punching in unfamiliar South African place names – anyway, got there eventually.

Still struggle with the little orange man though, tends to end up in people’s gardens rather than out on the road, then I click on the wrong thing and end up zooming off into the stratosphere. Don’t matter, eventually I get things reasonably sorted out and go for a stroll round the streets. Try to use the sidewalk – wouldn’t do for me to get run over; have a horror of being carted off in a virtual ambulance and set upon by virtual doctors.

Enjoy the less obvious: a dog watching from behind a fence, kids coming back from school with skewed ties and overloaded book bags, people caught by the Google man and left there on the screen – shout ‘hello’ as I pass them by. Things look different now – sometimes it’s good to look back, there again, sometimes it’s better just to move on...

*

2 comments:

  1. New profile photo looks ok.....
    Actually I am very curious about the statistics about your latest book. Keep up the writing.
    Greetings, Dirk @ Brazil

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dirk - for me, that photo's pretty good. Statistics? Early days. Still getting my name out there. Downloads are slow but steady - very pleased. Hope to have a couple of reviews up on Amazon in near future. Always writing - every day - addicted, I suppose. Have another 3 books already in the pipeline. We shall see.
    Best regards,
    Jeffrey

    ReplyDelete